Hi Internet, it’s me.
When it comes to cooking, I’m probably the laziest person in the world. I practically live off of 90 second rice packs and microwaveable steamed vegetables because it takes five minutes. So it’s kind of a surprise that I actually decided to cook something in the first place but these were so easy to make!
I love sweet potatoes so much and they’re one of my favorite starchy vegetables. I was craving some fresh roasted ones so I decided to whip some up myself. I grabbed a few condiments, seasoned them and popped them in the oven.
All you need is:
- Sweet potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
You can add whatever spices you think will taste best but I wanted something simple and a little more savory. If you want it to be a little sweeter, you can use brown sugar (or regular or coconut sugar).
This will take you around 55 minutes to an hour to finish completely. Here are the steps that you’ll need to take:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice your sweet potatoes into bite size pieces. Make sure they’re not too big or too thin. This will make sure they are soft all the way through without getting burnt. Make sure you have a really sharp knife because sweet potatoes are HARD to slice si be careful!
- Then place them in a bowl and take about 3 tablespoons of olive oil and mix it up throughly with your hands until all sweet potatoes are coated.
- Next, you’ll add a sprinkle of your rosemary, thyme and salt. I didn’t measure it but I used a big pinch of each. Then you mix that all up again.
- Spray the pan that you’re going to use; mine was about 13×9. Then spread out your sweet potatoes across the pan evenly.
- Put them in the oven for about 40 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
- Take them out, let them cool down and EAT!
So there you have it, it’s a super simple recipe and they’re delicious. I like to have them with rice on the side with some salad but you can just eat these on their own for a little snack. Follow me on all of my social media and tag me if you decide to try this yourself! Enjoy!
Song of the day: Wherever I Go by OneRepublic